Acupuncture is a traditional Chinese medicine practice that can treat any kind of disturbance in the flow of the human body’s energy or Qi. It can also be combined with Western medicine for controlling various diseases. Acupuncture helps you restore the positive energy throughout the body. According to the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), more than 10 million acupuncture treatments are controlled annually in the US.
Acupuncture aims to balance the body’s flow of energy or Qi with the help of needles that are inserted in acupuncture points throughout the body. According to Chinese medicine, it is said that needles help in stimulating the body to react to an illness, rebalance the body and release endorphin (hormone released in the body to relieve pain).
Procedure of Acupuncture
The treatment starts with the acupuncturist discussing your entire health history. You will be asked about your lifestyle habits, emotions, appetite, and response to change of seasons, etc. Your practitioner will examine your appearance, tongue color and coating, pulse rate at three points of your wrist and note the strength, quality and rhythm.
The treatment involves three steps:
- Needle insertion – The acupuncture needles are very thin that are to be inserted at certain points to various depths in your body. The insertion causes discomfort and can also be painful in some cases. The acupuncturist might use about 5 to 20 needles as per the requirement.
- Needle manipulation – The acupuncturist might sometimes twist and twirl the needles after they are inserted for better results. In some cases the needles are heated or stimulated with electricity after insertion to increase its effectiveness.
- Needle removal – The acupuncture treatment ends with the removal of needles that were inserted in your body. In the majority of cases the needles are inserted for 10 to 20 minutes depending on your body resistance.
Why Should You Prefer Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is one of the oldest forms of medicine practice and is considered as an important part of the primary health care system. You should prefer acupuncture for your health because of the following reasons
- Cost is relatively lower and it is noninvasive than other treatments.
- It is very safe, effective and a drug free therapy which does not leave any side effects in your body.
- It is a holistic treatment which brings your mind, body and spirit in a balance and surrounds you with positive energy.
- Acupuncture will help you improve your vitality and stamina.
- It treats the root cause of any disease that you are suffering from and will benefit your overall health
Our qualified experts at DrNewMed offer Acupuncture treatments in Arizona that are both safe and effective in treating diseases at the core.
Benefits of Acupuncture
Acupuncture is a medicinal practice that can be beneficial for everyone and is an excellent treatment to maintain a high level of health. It is integrated into the primary health care system as it promotes wellbeing. There are a few benefits of Acupuncture listed below due to which it should be a part of your self-care practice.
- Acupuncture is one of the best treatments to relax the nervous system and to promote a state of deep calmness to the body.
- If you are suffering from insomnia, you should prefer acupuncture treatment. It is the safest and the most effective option that you can choose as it will benefit your overall health.
- If you feel that you have low energy levels or Qi deficiency, acupuncture can help you. You can increase your energy levels in a sustained way with acupuncture.
- Acupuncture is considered to be an excellent treatment for all types of headache. You might experience a gradual decrease in the severity and frequency over the course of treatment.
- If you go through depression or anxiety, acupuncture is a safe and effective treatment. It will help decrease your anxiety levels and improve sense of wellbeing.
- Acupuncture is an excellent remedy for strengthening Wei Qi which is the protective energy barrier that will keep your immune system strong. It will protect you from various pathogens that cause respiratory illness and allergies.
- Chinese medicine considers good digestive health necessary for good health. Acupuncture helps in restoring a strong digestive system.
Acupuncture is the best option for you if you want your body to function optimally. You should be regular with your treatments to boost up your energy levels. If you also want to renew the balance in your life, visit our Acupuncture clinic in Arizona or click here at www.drnewmed.com to schedule your appointment and contact us today.